Prince’s Family Members Planning a Reality Show About Life After His Death

A new report in TMZ alleges that the estate of the late music icon Prince is in the early stages of planning a reality show featuring his family members. Citing “sources close to Prince’s heirs,” the site claims that the TV series has a production company behind it and is “in the works right now, and will focus on how their lives have changed since [Prince] died.”
The site further put forth that Prince’s estate and family have fought to prevent his one-time collaborator George Ian Boxhill, the producer of the controversial Deliverance EP, from releasing new Prince music “so they can debut it on the show.”

Fans were clamoring in anticipation of the Deliverance EP, a collection of unreleased songs by the late artist known as Prince. In grossly opportunistic fashion, the mini-album was scheduled to be released on April 21, the one-year anniversary of Prince’s death, and had managed to reach No. 1 on iTunes’ pre-order chart. Our own Stereo Williams listened to an early stream of the EP, calling some of the tunes “on par with some of his best post-Musicology tracks,” while questioning the “motives and legal sparring” behind the release.
Prince’s estate had, prior to its release, filed a federal lawsuit against Deliverance co-producer Boxill accusing him of violating the terms of his agreement with the late music legend.

“The Estate of Prince Rogers Nelson is aware that Mr. George Ian Boxill, in conjunction with Rogue Music Alliance, has issued a press release announcing an intent to distribute previously unreleased Prince master recordings and musical compositions,” the estate’s statement read.
“Like the other engineers that had the opportunity to work with Prince, Mr. Boxill signed an agreement, under which he agreed (1) all recordings that he worked on with Prince would remain Prince’s sole and exclusive property; (2) he would not use any recordings or property in any way whatsoever; and (3) he would return any such recordings or property to Prince immediately upon request. Mr. Boxill did not comply with his agreement,” it continued. “Instead, Mr. Boxill maintained copies of certain tracks, waited until after Prince’s tragic death, and is now attempting to release tracks without the authorization of the Estate and in violation of the agreement and applicable law.”

On April 19, just two days before the scheduled release date of the Deliverance EP, Judge Wilhelmina M. Wright of the U.S. District court in Minnesota issued a temporary restraining order blocking the release of the EP, and forcing Boxhill to “deliver all of the recordings acquired through his work with Paisley Park Enterprises” back to Prince’s estate, reported The New York Times.

“The Federal Court located in Minnesota has temporarily enjoined the release of the remaining unreleased tracks on the ‘Deliverance’ EP. The court order has not enjoined the released single ‘Deliverance,’” Boxhill and his label Rogue Music Alliance said in a statement. “Therefore the ‘Deliverance’ single will continue to be sold.” The restraining order expires on May 3, but can be extended.

Read More

Judge discharges bankruptcy after 50 Cent pays $22 million

HARTFORD, Conn. — A federal judge has discharged rapper 50 Cent’s bankruptcy case after he paid more than $22 million.
Bankruptcy Judge Ann Nevins approved the discharge Thursday in Hartford, Connecticut.
The rapper who burst onto the music scene in 2003 with his debut album, “Get Rich or Die Tryin,” filed for Chapter 11 reorganization in 2015, citing debts of $36 million and assets of less than $20 million.
Nevins approved a plan in July calling for 50 Cent, whose real name is Curtis Jackson III, to pay back about $23 million.
Jackson’s lawyers said Thursday that he paid off the five-year plan early with $8.7 million of his own money and $13.65 million he received in a recent settlement of a legal malpractice lawsuit against other attorneys.
Read More

Soulja Boy Charged with Felony Weapons Possession

Los Angeles prosecutors have charged rapper Soulja Boy with felony possession of an assault weapon and a handgun.
The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office announced Monday that it had charged the rapper, whose real name is DeAndre Cortez Way, and that his arraignment was scheduled for Monday.

Way was arrested last month by Los Angeles police.
Prosecutors said a search of his home found a Mini Draco AR-IS assault weapon and a Glock 21 handgun.

Authorities have said the handgun was reported stolen from a Huntington Beach, California, police vehicle.

Soulja Boy is best known for his 2007 hit “Crank That (Soulja Boy)” and for his recent appearances on VH1’s “Love and Hip Hop.”
Attempts to reach a representative for the rapper were not immediately successful. 

 

 

 

Read More

Bishop Eddie Long Dies From an ‘Aggressive Cancer’ at 63

Bishop Eddie Long, the embattled pastor of Georgia megachurch, New Birth Missionary Baptist, has died from an “aggressive form of cancer” according to the church. He was 63 years old.
New Birth issued a statement to the Atlanta Journal Constitution on Sunday, confirming his death.
Long made his last public appearance two weeks ago; the senior pastor had lost a significant amount of weight, prompting more than a few comments on social media about his thin, gaunt appearance, prognoses about the state of his health, and even rumors of hospice care.
As Long praise danced at the altar, he looked almost unrecognizable—his thick hair gone, replaced with a shiny bald head; his portly appearance now replaced by a shadow of his former self.
Long had been fielding concerns about this health for some time, and in September Long released a statement saying in part that he is recovering from an unnamed health issue.
“I am recovering from a health challenge that I trust God to deliver me from. It is unrelated to the eating for life diet consisting of mostly raw vegetables that I am continuing, as part of a holistic approach to good health.”
Long, the long-celebrated pastor of the 25,000-member congregation, faced serious controversy throughout his tenure—from financial impropriety to sexual misconduct with young men from his congregation (he was staunchly against homosexuality and advocated and sponsored “Sexual Reorientation” classes to supposedly convert homosexuals to heterosexuals.)
Read More

More Charges in Kim Kardashian Heist

PARIS (AP) — Hailing the “remarkable work” of French police, Paris prosecutors on Friday announced preliminary charges against six more suspects in the armed jewelry heist of Kim Kardashian West.
That brings the total number of people charged so far in the probe to 10. All but one of the suspects are men, including at least one previously known to police for robbery and money forgery.
Robbers are believed to have forced their way into the apartment where Kardashian West was staying during Paris Fashion Week in October. They allegedly tied up the reality TV star and stole more than $10 million worth of jewelry. Authorities are now looking at a possible inside job.
Preliminary charges were filed Friday against six suspects ranging in age from 29 to 72 covered an array of alleged crimes. They included: armed robbery in an organized gang; kidnapping; criminal association; illegal possession of firearms — including a Kalashnikov rifle — and ammunition; use of forged papers and a fake identity, and complicity.
Preliminary charges — the first in the case — were also filed against four other people on Thursday.
Paris prosecutors have identified the 10 suspects only by their first names and surname initials and their dates of birth. Those charged Friday were:
—Aomar A., 60; faces preliminary charges of armed robbery in an organized gang, kidnapping, criminal association, illegal possession of ammunition, using a fake identify and false papers.
—Pierre B., 72; preliminary charges of armed robbery in an organized gang, kidnapping and criminal association.
—Didier D., 61; preliminary charges of armed robbery in an organized gang, kidnapping, criminal association and illegally possessing a Kalashnikov rifle.
—Francois D., 54; preliminary charges of armed robbery in an organized gang, kidnapping, criminal association and possession of false papers.
—Harminy A., 29; preliminary charges of armed robbery in an organized gang, kidnapping and criminal association.
—Christiane G., 70. The only woman among the 10 was handed preliminary charges of complicity in armed robbery and kidnapping, criminal association and the illegal possession of ammunition.
On Thursday, Kardashian West’s sister, Khloe Kardashian, welcomed the filing of charges as a “kind of closure” and denounced the robbery as “a disgusting act.”
Rich or poor, nobody deserves “anything to be taken from them,” she told The Associated Press.
http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/6-more-charged-in-kardashian-heist/ar-AAlQlFw?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp
Read More

Pin It on Pinterest